Sunday, January 6, 2013

Chapter 2.3 - The Better Heir?

As Mom always said in this journal, it never fails that we write after birthdays. I honestly do think it has something to do with reminding one of the passing of time.


And so time has passed, and Tabby celebrated her birthday.



Every moment that goes by, I think that she will be a better heir.


The week after her birthday, Tabby went down to the Interior Designers Inc. and got a job. She wants to be a huge hotshot home designer someday, like a part of that show "Interior Sims".


I had to go for a jog to clear my mind. Every single day Tabby does something that proves she will be the better heir. That she will do a better job of carrying on Mom's legacy. That maybe it should be a matriarchy! That's a thought. Honestly, the jog didn't do much for clearing my head.




To make things worse, Tabby has already pretty much secured a husband. Or at least a steady boyfriend. She met some guy, Zachariah Whitlock, at the local bar. And they hit it off immediately. I think it was her dance moves, if I understand the story correctly.


They are sort of adorable, in a way. All lovey-dovey. Gaga over each other. I envy her.


He even moved in immediately after she asked him! She really is on a better track than I am. But, welcome to the family, Zach. It is a pleasure to have you along for the ride.

On a positive note for me, I got a promotion at work!


But that was soon followed by, what else, a burglar.


The cops were quick to show up. Luckily nothing was stolen. I'm glad I spent the money on a state-of-the-art SimBurglarm!


A few months after Zach moved in, the two announced that they were pregnant. As happy as I was for her, I totally bummed out. Really? My little sister has a boyfriend and a baby on the way, and I haven't even been on a Plumbobing date!


I did find it funny, though, that Tabby had a huge thing for swimming every day while she was pregnant. It reminded me of Mom writing about going down to the pool all the time, especially when she was pregnant with the two of us. Like mother like daughter.


Sooner than we realized, it was time for Tabby to rush to the hospital to have her baby. Mom and Zach went with her, and she gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl, Beatrice. Dad and I went to the hospital to visit, and chatted some in the car. I told him about my worries, and he told me to just give it some time. That he had a surprise for me, and I just needed to be patient. Mom knew what she was doing.


As I climbed into bed that night, I could only wonder what "surprise" Dad had in store. And as I fell asleep, I could only wonder if I was ever going to find a beautiful woman to marry and if I was going to truly become the heir I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment