Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chapter 1.3 - Wedding Bells and Babies

The next few weeks I went about a daily routine of breakfast, heading to the pool, and then off to work. I was so nervous to invite Buddy over. We still talked, of course, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. He eventually asked about another date, and instead I decided it was time to invite him over and confess my attraction. I put on some Classical music to calm myself and waited.


I cringed as I confessed my attraction to Buddy. The music barely did anything to calm me down. I waited as he processed what I told him. It seemed like forever.

"I really like you too, Tammy, and I'd really like to spend more time with you."

I was ecstatic. I couldn't believe it. So I proposed going steady. Buddy readily agreed. We talked some more and had our first kiss as he was leaving! It was sweet. I couldn't believe it.

We were on the phone constantly after that. Talking, giggling, we were so into each other. A few weeks after we started dating, I invited Buddy over again.


We curled up on the bed and talked for hours.


And, well, one thing led to another and... the rest is history, as they say. It never got awkward between us. Even after that night. We still went on dates and chatted constantly. It was amazing having Buddy in my life.


One night, after some more fun, Buddy suggested that we move in together.

"If I'm not intruding, of course. I don't mean to intrude. I just think it's the most logical next step. I hope I didn't offend you!"

Of course he didn't offend me, and I told him that I would love to have him move in. That night we sat down and planned out a small two room house for us that we then had built the next morning.


I had been feeling queasy all night, and that morning I interrupted Buddy's tooth brushing with a lovely sight, I'm sure. He never mentioned it, and I was so embarrassed. We spent the day relaxing and just enjoying each other's company.




In our free time from work in the following weeks, we took turns playing on the computer. I would practice some chess, then go read one of my romance novellas, while Buddy played some sports games. He was really into those sports games. We also spent a lot of time just sitting on the bed and chatting.

During those weeks my clothes kept getting tighter. I knew I wasn't putting on any weight. If anything, I should be losing weight with the little food we ate due to lack of oven or microwave. After a visit to the Hospital, it dawned on me, and I went out promptly for some new clothes. Going home to talk to Buddy was nerve wracking,  but I did it.


"Buddy, I need to talk to you. I don't want you to say anything, but I have to tell you this. I'm pregnant. I don't want our child to not know their father, who is such an amazing man, and I love so much. Will you marry me?"


"Of course, Tammy! I love you so much! I'll marry you! You know what, let's just have a wedding right now! Just the three of us! We don't really have any friends, so it's not worth having a big wedding."




So we did.


We decided to spend our Honeymoon time with each other instead of taking an expensive trip. Buddy especially loved talking to the baby.


My favorite was spending time at the pool...


...eating ice cream, and spending time with my favorite "pastime".


One night, after spending some time at the computer, I felt funny. It was then I realized that my water had broken and I was going into labor.


It was not a fun feeling, let me tell you.


Buddy and I rushed to the Hospital, and after many hours we came back home with a new bundle of joy.


Welcome to the family, Tyriel. Someday, it will be your turn to write in this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment