Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chapter 1.5 - Birthdays Abound

Things have been so busy lately! Lots of cleaning, and building going on on the lot. And to cut costs, Buddy and myself have been helping out. It's just taken up so much time.



So much so, that when I went into labor, we didn't even realize it had already been nine months! On the way to the Hospital, Buddy called a babysitter for Tyriel. I was so glad we'd finished the house in time for the newest addition to our family.


Tabaitha is her name. She's just as beautiful a baby as Tyriel was. Buddy and I took turns with the nightly watch with her. We learned that working in shifts was the best way to take care of Tyriel, and made sure to work it out with Tabaitha, too.

We had so much on our plate with Ty and Tabby that we spent little time outside of work on anything but the two of them.


And sooner than we knew, it was Tyriel's birthday. I couldn't believe it! A child already, and about to start school! We took him to the Photographer's for a birthday photograph. He wasn't too keen on it, but it came out quite adorable if you ask me.


Ty's first day of school was so exciting for Buddy and me! We waved to him as he hopped on the school bus, and spent time in the kitchen with the new stove! Buddy decided to cook some breakfast for the first time in a very long time. It was absolutely delicious. I never knew Organic foods could be so tasty!


We fell into a rhythm. Ty was sent off to school. Buddy would paint and sell his paintings at the Consignment Shop, and quickly worked his way up the Painting Ladder with City Hall. I spent time perfecting my chess skills and working my way up the food chain at the Spa. Ty even made it into the Amateur Olympics! Buddy and I were so proud of him, regardless of placing fourth. We even took him out for some ice cream afterwards.


Sooner than we realized, it was Tabaitha's birthday! Time had flown by so quickly! We brought Tabby to the same Photographer we took Ty to for a celebratory Birthday Photograph. She didn't seem to mind, but that might have been because of the Rubber Duckies the cameraman was squeaking.


Life slipped back into a routine. Though, with another person using the plumbing, I had to do a lot more repairs around the house than before.


Buddy spent his free time at night practicing guitar...


And Tabby, wanting to be like her Daddy would plunk away at her Xylophone.


Things got hectic, though, and one day a fire started in the kitchen. We all panicked. Buddy got the children out of the house, but I just couldn't take my eyes off of the flames. I'm not sure why, but they were so entrancing. Luckily for everybody, a Fireman arrived just in time. He scolded me, of course, and I couldn't agree with him more that I was being stupid.


The fire put things into perspective. Buddy and I discussed it over breakfast one morning and decided to work extra hard to give the children the best life we could. We only hoped it would be enough in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment