Sunday, August 7, 2011

Chapter 1.7 - All Work and No Play?

It's been a while since I last wrote in this silly little thing! Life's been so busy, in a good way of course. so much has happened! Buddy's almost reached the top of his career, and I've gotten about as many promotions that I can at the Spa.


I even maxed my skills in handiness. Can you imagine? It was all the work I did for everybody around town. That and all the repairs at home!



And of course, as is the Bennett Tradition, it seems, we had a birthday. It never fails I write in this journal, and a birthday has passed. Maybe a passing birthday reminds me of how little I write here? But never mind that. Tyriel became a teenager! That's right. Our little Ty is growing up!


He wasn't very photogenic when blowing out his candles. Then again, he is a shybie. He also refused to go to the photographer's, so we let it slide. Pushing your luck with a teen isn't worth the effort.


Instead, he spent the night jamming on the guitar out in the yard. We all watched at one point or another. He's quite good, actually. A born natural.


Tyriel also took up an interest in Architectural Design in his free time after school, and a part-time job at the Bookstore.


Buddy and I helped Tabaitha with her schoolwork a lot. She never really seemed to be interested in finishing it and would stress out easily without help. As a reward she would get to paint...


...or spend some time playing chess.


Tyriel and Buddy liked to play catch when Tyriel's work was done. It wasn't very often with his job at the Bookstore, but it's great Father-Son bonding time I'm glad they're having.


Tabby also spends quite a bit of free time plunking away at the computer. I'm not quite sure what she's doing, but it looks like she's trying to write a book. I glanced over her shoulder one day and saw a document titled, "I, SimBot". She's such a great kid, even if she does stress out easily. Definitely a creative one. I can't wait to see what she does with her talents. Her and Tyriel.


For now, journal, I leave you with a family shot of the lot of us (minus Tabby, who was in bed) playing some video games before Tyriel hit the sack. I love my family. I hope the best for Tyriel when it comes his time to write in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment